Ultrex®: The Perfect Window and Door Material
January 25th, 2013 by
In 1994, when Marvin launched Integrity®, a new-construction line of fiberglass windows and doors, we knew w had a tough, durable and stable product worthy to be a part of the Marvin family of brands.
We have put Ultrex, the pultruded fiberglass material used to make Integrity’s products, through a series of rigorous tests. The results are in, proving that Integrity products are not only tough enough for the roughest jobsite conditions, but also Mother Nature. This means happy homeowners and fewer call-backs.
Test Results Summary: Integrity Windows and Doors’ superior strength and long-lasting durability comes from Ultrex, a fiberglass composite with a patented finishing process that creates a high-tech acrylic coating that no other brand of fiberglass windows can offer and no vinyl window can tough. Integrity’s finish is AAMA 623-10 verified and the only fiberglass on the Verified Components List for AAMA 624-10 and 625-10.
Ultrex gives builders products that are…
- Unyieldingly Tough - Ultrex is 8x stronger than vinyl, 3.5x stronger than wood/vinyl composites and as strong as steel.
- Uncompromisingly Strong – Ultrex is the ultimate in strength wen it comes to window frame materials – one square inch can hold the wight of 20 cars.
- Incredibly Stable – Ultrex’s expansion and contraction rate is the same as glass, which is 833 percent less than vinyl (per 50 degree Fahrenheit temperature change) and allows the overall unit to remain tightly adhered. No cracks in the material or leakage around the glass mean no call-backs.
- Covered with a Patented Finished Process – Applied through a patented coating process, Ultrex’s durable, high-performance finish is up to 3x thicker than vinyl and other composite finishes. Thanks to Ultrex, Integrity windows and doors are virtually indestructible from warping, dents, dings and scratches, as well as UV rays that can cause fading. The finish is also AAMA 623-10 verified and the only fiberglass on the Verified Components List for AAMA 624-10 and 625-10.
- Precisely Constructed – Corner keys and Ultrex construction keep it square while keeping air and water out. A sloped sill design sheds water better than weep holes that can plug and back up.
- Time Tested – Jobsites and Mother Nature have tested Ultrex’s strength and durability each and every day for more than a decade. Whether it’s enduring shipping and installation or brutal temps, wind and rain, the result is flawless performance and lasting beauty.
- Heat-Resistant – Ultrex provides outstanding resistance to distortion even at temperatures up to 350°F.
Ultrex gives homeowners windows and doors that are…
- Low Maintenance – Ultrex performs beautifully for years to come, with a finish that requires virtually no maintenance.
- Energy Efficient – Ultrex’s minimal thermal conductivity serves as a built-in insulated barrier against the elements – reducing heating and cooling costs.
- ENERGY STAR® Qualified – The Energy Department estimates that by installing ENERGY STAR-qualified products the average U.S. household can reduce its annual energy bill by 15 percent. All Integrity from Marvin products meet or exceed current ENERGY STAR requirements.
- Environmentally Friendly – Ultrex takes less energy to create – about 80 percent less than aluminum and about 40 percent less than vinyl. Also, it’s made mostly of glass, which is made from sand and gravel – a plentiful resource.
- Beautifully Designed – Integrity features traditional profiles and details that are more attractive than the “flat” appearance of other materials. Ultrex ensures it will stay beautiful for years to come.
About Integrity Windows and Doors
Integrity Windows and Doors is the world’s largest and most experienced manufacturer of windows and doors made with Ultrex – a state-of-the-art pultruded fiberglass material. Based in Fargo, N.D., Integrity offers a comprehensive line of window and door products that are Built to Perform® and backed by first-class customer service. Integrity is a member of The Marvin Companies, a family-owned and operated manufacturer of premium windows and doors based in Warroad, Minn.
Integrity Windows and Doors are Built to Perform®
For more infomration, visit www.IntegrityWindows.com
Download a PDF of this news release: Ultrex Fact Sheet